Effective Project Contracting
This course focuses on formulating and managing the appropriate contracting and procurement strategies for successful execution of project scope and objectives. The course will give an understanding of alternative contracting strategies, when to use them and the impact of different approaches in multi-cultural environments. It also introduces tools that can help ensure effective project contracting.
The following topics will be addressed, and relevant capabilities developed by the participants:
• Evaluate stakeholders, markets and risks to develop optimal contract strategies that meet project objectives
• Develop appropriate contract scopes, pricing and terms and conditions to suit the requirement
• Identify, evaluate and select goods and service providers to invite for the tendering process
• Develop invitations to tender and tender evaluation plans to secure selection of the best contractor
• Develop an appropriate contract management plan
• Implement strategies and processes that support effective work relationships and contract management, and avoid / resolve claims and disputes
Who should attend?
This course is designed for personnel who work on or with capital projects, having the following background and experience:
• Senior Project Management professionals with 5-10 years related experience
• Senior Contracting and Procurement professionals with 5-10 years related experience
• Contributing to Projects: TAFAWOQ introductory course
• Essentials of Project Management, TAFAWOQ foundation course
80 hours of blended learning