Managing Project Execution & Start up
Who should attend?
This course is intended for Project Managers, Project Engineers and Project Services Managers/Personnel have completed the TAFAWOQ “Essentials of Project Managment” course. The course will benefit those who have, or will have, a role in project activities that occur at the time of Final Investment Decision (FID) with focus on the Execution and Start Up phases.
What participants will learn
The course introduces participants to the techniques and skills for improving project execution activities required for project managers/engineers to successfully lead a project up to the Start Up phase.
Specifically, the course will explore the following areas:
• Manage detailed design activities
• Develop / implement construction processes
• Develop Operational Readiness and Assurance plans, (“Flawless” startup), including commissioning and startup plans
• Manage the Schedule and Resource Plan
• Implement Change Control Process
• Manage Contractor Performance and Quality Assurance
The objective of this course is to improve a participant’s ability to deploy the strategies and tactics established during front-end Development; implement the project controls, detailed design, procurement, construction, quality and startup and handover processes; and manage the work done by external service providers (engineering and/or construction consultants and contractors). This also includes monitoring, validating, coordinating or managing the activities of other support groups. This course will provide participants with techniques and skills for improving management of detailed design, procurement,
construction and startup activities and contracts, in order to realise the value created during front-end development.
Emphasis of course content will not be on teaching the specific processes and standards, with which the participants should already be familiar and are specific to each organisation. It will cover translating the front-end development deliverables into a completed asset that meets the business objectives, and can be successfully commissioned, started up and handed over to Operations for long term operation.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Improve their ability to deploy the strategies and tactics established during Front-End Development, to ensure that commitments are met
• Effectively manage HSSE and Quality, to ensure integration into design and HSSE compliant construction, commissioning, startup and long-term operation of the asset
• Understand and manage the many interfaces that occur between contractors and work processes
• Apply and implement project controls, detailed design, procurement, construction, quality, startup and handover processes
• Manage the work done by external service providers (engineering and/or construction contractors) and internal service providers, including monitoring, validating, coordinating or managing the activities of internal support groups
Essentials of Project Management: TAFAWOQ Foundation Course (prior knowledge of Project Controls is expected).
120 hours of blended learning